Re: [GENERAL] GEQO and KSQO problem.

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] GEQO and KSQO problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 16:00 +0200 on 08/09/1999, Natalya S. Makushina wrote:

> i tried your query.
> This is query plan for select with union clause
> NOTICE:  QUERY PLAN:
> I think that it is too slow.
> May be optimizer is more intellect in Postgres v.6.5.1?
> I use Postgres v.6.4.2.

Yes, it's definitely supposed to be better.

By the way, if there are not supposed to be overlaps in the queries (that
is, a query about one email will never return the same tuple that was
returned by a query about another email), you should try UNION ALL. I think
it should remove the unique phases.

By the way, did you try the suggestion with the regular expression? What
was the cost of that?

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.